Production Blog: Finding the Music

  Hello! My group recently concluded the filming and main editing of the project. Today, my job was to find the music for the film. I first discussed with my group about what type of music would be appropriate for a film in this genre. The genre is a mystery. However, the film does not appear to be mysterious throughout the whole video. It opens with a clip of the girls getting ready. This scene has a bright mood. It does not appear to be creepy or gloomy at all. So, I decided to search for an uplifting song. Since it is cutting it close on time, I had to find a royalty-free one. This is because there would not be enough time to contact an artist with popular music to be granted permission to use the song in the video. So, I went to YouTube to search for less popular artists. I also searched on Google for songs. After some research, I found the perfect opening song. This is Godless Woman by Gun Boi Kaz. Upon listening to this song for the first time, my group immediately agreed that this one was a good choice. Then, I searched for more gloomy and creepy music for the rest of the film. These creepy sound effects would be played after Lindsay says a suspicious line. This would add to the mystery and create a tone of suspicion. I added all the music to the video and ensured it flowed smoothly, which it did!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Research: Murder by Death