Production Blog: Choosing an Editing Platform!

 Hello! My group recently concluded filming the final task video! It was a long and tedious process, but it was worth it. Now, it is time to edit. First, I thought about which editing platform to use. I looked into two main apps. One of the apps was iMovie. The other one was CapCut. I have used both of them before. The experiences I have had with both apps were relatively smooth. Therefore, I had to weigh the pros and cons of each app. First, I looked into iMovie. This app has been around for almost my whole life, so I am very familiar with the app's features. I have used iMovie for many projects before, including some projects for this class. However, my group did use CapCut for the last project, the music video. Even though I have used CapCut a few times, it has been for smaller and less complex projects. This video is much more complicated than previous projects I have created before. Due to the amount of titles that I would be adding to the video, I was beginning to lean towards iMovie. This is because I have created titles on iMovie before, and I am familiar with the process. If I were to use CapCut, I would have to familiarize myself with a whole new editing technique on that app. So, to save time and be more efficient, I decided to go with iMovie to edit the Final Task project. This decision could change, as my groupmates will also be editing the video. So, I will communicate with my groupmates to get their input and make sure that they are also comfortable with iMovie. For now, I will begin importing the clips into iMovie on my iPhone, but if my groupmates disagree with using iMovie, I will simply transfer the videos into the CapCut app.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Research: Murder by Death